JOIN US FOR AN All NEW COLLECTION OF MUSIC
No classes are currently scheduled.
Our Rhythm Kids classes are just the thing to get your child to (willingly) put down the iPad and start making music with their friends. Designed specifically for pre-K and early elementary students, these active classes tap into how children this age are wired to learn, with music games, animal rhythm stories, and lots of stomping-flying-climbing fun.
In each weekly class, your child will drum, sing, move, and play to rhythms inspired by musical traditions around the world, from West African Gahu, to Japanese Taiko, to Brazilian Samba, to name a few. As they learn to think and create like a musician, they’ll also gain valuable skills they’ll take to the elementary school classroom (and beyond!): confidence, focus, leadership, cognitive flexibility, and more. By the end of the semester, your child will be eager to show off what they’ve learned!
Rhythm Kids is geared for preschoolers, ages 4-5, who are ready to take their next musical step. Utilizing the Music Together® curriculum each week, we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. PreRhythm Kids guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
· make up their own drumming patterns
· invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
· create movement ideas for songs
· and even take a drum solo!
Utilizing the Music Together curriculum, preRhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4–5 and include:
· 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
· Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
· Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
· Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
· Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
· Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week. Just add hands!
A drum for home use and practice is HIGHLY recommended. Please talk to us about what size and brand would work well for home use. We also have drums for sale.