PreRhythm Kids is geared for preschoolers, ages 4-5, who are ready to take their next musical step. Utilizing the Music Together® curriculum each week, we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. PreRhythm Kids guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
· make up their own drumming patterns
· invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
· create movement ideas for songs
· and even take a drum solo!
Utilizing the Music Together curriculum, preRhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4–5 and include:
· 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
· Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
· Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
· Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
· Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
· Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week. Just add hands!
A drum for home use and practice is HIGHLY recommended. Please talk to us about what size and brand would work well for home use. We also have drums for sale.