FREE RHYTHM KIDS DEMOS COMING UP!
EMAIL US TO REGISTER TO TRY IT OUT WITH YOUR 5-8 YEAR OLD
MONDAY 9/18 AT 4 PM IN SANDWICH
TUESDAY 9/19 AT 4 PM IN HARWICH
EMAIL US AT MERYL@MERYLSMUSICANDARTS.COM
Rhythm Kids is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5–8). Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
· learn multicultural drumming patterns
· develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments
· explore movement and dance while singing songs
· play games based on music and drumming
· have fun with a host of rhythm activities
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight. A special part of the Rhythm Kids class experience is the play-along videos and other materials available online With the help of a grownup, as needed, children can have drumming play and practice sessions with Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote himself!
Classes are for children K–2 (ages 5–8) and include:
· 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
· 2 CDs each semester
· Access to online in-home activity pages
· Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
· Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
· Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
· Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
· Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
· Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
· Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
· Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Students should try to have their own hand drum for use at home
**We have authentic, hand made African drums for sale for $100 for home practice
PreRhythm Kids is geared for preschoolers, ages 4-5, who are ready to take their next musical step. Utilizing the Music Together curriculum each week, we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. PreRhythm Kids guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
· make up their own drumming patterns
· invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
· create movement ideas for songs
· and even take a drum solo!
Utilizing the Music Together curriculum, preRhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4–5 and include:
· 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
· Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
· Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
· Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
· Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
· Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week. Just add hands!